Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Swim and Run

Sorry the pics are backwards, can't figure out how to change it...enjoy!
Today started out with an early morning swim at the aquatic center in Palm Springs. Very nice 25 yard pool, with a little snow on top of the mountains. All seemed ok with the morning, then I asked Mitch what lane I should be in, he said lane 2. Well after the warm up Kerry and Macca ( who was in lane 1) had me come into their lane. Shit, this is going to hurt. And hurt is did, Macca and Kerry had me stay on Kerry's feet as long as I could. The workout was a 1000 warmup followed by a 500 mixed yardage, then the main set was 1X500 2X250 5X100 we did that 3X. I was hanging on for as long as I possible could, that would be anywhere between 250 and 150 yards. Kerry put in 34 seconds on me in the last 500, ouch! The best part of this is they were showing me things I never thought of before.























Now for the run, Mitch said it starts with a little up hill then it flattens out, well that was bullshit. This hill went up to heaven, you can see it in the picture, my calfs were killing me.....(sorry Kevin, he is my PT). The finish of the run was great with Kerry, Macca and I finishing the run with about 10 min. of flat trail. Enjoy the pics.










No comments: