Sunday, February 3, 2008

Way too hard

The day started out early with a 8 a.m. wake up call (got home at 2 a.m). We had a 2 hour run and a 2 hour bike scheduled and went to Joshua Tree and ran to the "gold shack". So the group started to run and Macca and the other pro at the camp Kerry Clauson had to use the potty. Matt (another camper that just graduated from Med school in Australia) and I waited for them to finish up and started a 20 min. sprint to catch up with the lead guys. The elavation is 4500 feet and I felt every feet of it. The run was up hill into the head wind, and we are flying. We finally catch the group in front of us, it was just in time as I was ready to blow. We cruised a few more minutes then hit it again.....HARD. So Kerry starts laughing saying we got to slow down.......then Macca laughs and takes off....lucky for me it was just a few hundred yards. We ended up at the turn around and made the way back down hill. Matt had a Garmin and at points of the run we are going between 4:45-4:50 mile pace. You did read that right, my body is JACKED up!!!!!
I am off to sleep, Oh I almost forgot no bike today because of 50-60 mph winds. It's just like New Zealand, I am having flash backs.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nice Louis. Don't let those Aussie bastards get the better of you :)
Keep it up - Craig!